Wednesday, September 25, 2013

M·A·C 'Relentlessly Red' Retro Matte Lipstick

Hi everyone!
I'm so excited to have this new M·A·C lipstick from the Retro Matte limited edition collection. Inspired by Ruby Woo's overwhelming popularity and one-of-a-kind texture, M·A·C introduces new bold shades in its Retro Matte finish. I think that it's a gorgeous collection. To be honest, I didn't really like the Ruby Woo lipstick as much as I like the new collection with its new shades. The collection consists of 8 Retro Matte lipsticks and 8 Pro Longwear Lip Pencils (which seem to be the counterparts of the lipsticks). I found it hard to match the right shade of red for my skin tones and the Ruby Woo didn't look good on me as it looks on other people. So finally I found my irreplaceable red shade from the new Retro Matte collection which is 'Relentlessly Red'.
It's a beautiful bright pinkish coral matte, so it's definitely not a pure red color but it looks amazing on the lips. This lipstick is so pigmented and extremely long-lasting. The only disadvantage of this lipstick that it dries out the lips a little bit and you need to work with it to get the perfect look. I prefer to apply it over a lip primer (I use the M·A·C Prep & Prime lip primer).
Overall, I'm really satisfied with my choice and it's going to be my new favorite. This is not another red lipstick, I think that it's much more special. I found that the color that you get on the lips depends on the skin tone, so it'll show up differently on any person.
How about you? Did you try the new Retro Matte collection? Which color do you like the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I read each and every comment! ♥

If you leave your blog link I would be happy to have a look at your blog and if I like it I'll follow. BUT if you comment asking me to follow you and in return you'll follow me back, I probably won't even look at your blog. I'm not interested in reading blogs that are only interested in more followers.